Saturday, November 17, 2012

Updates from Mia!

Hey everybody!

I know I will be seeing most of you very soon for Thanksgiving, (and I am so excited) but I thought I would post a little update about what's been going on with me for the people I'll be missing and anyone else who I haven't talked with in a while!

As you know, my birthday recently passed. Thanks, everyone, for the birthday wishes! And thank you, Grandma and Grandpa, for the gift and the card. It doesn't feel too different being 17... it's just a little bit scary how fast time has been flying by!

I'm still very involved with my school's Women's Choir. We had a fall concery recently that went really well. Here's some pictures from that:


(My Choir Director and Me)
 


Our Christmas Concert is coming up soon, and we're also doing a senior home concert. I've been enjoying choir quite a lot and I may be trying out for the school musical (Man of La Mancha) after Thanksgiving break.

I've also been getting involved in Young Life, which is a youth group near my school.
I went to one of their camps, with a group from my school and a few other high schools in the area, up in Buena Vista. It was a really fun experience and I met so many new people.


These are the girls from my cabin and our wonderful leader, Emily, in the upper left corner. 

And this is the group from my school.


So, that's pretty much all that I've been up to!

I was so excited to read Henry's letter, and I'm glad he's having a good time. 
I can't wait to see everyone and tell you more about what's been going on over here in Colorado.

Love you guys!
Mia


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great update, Mia! Sounds like you are having lots of fun. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I'm excited to see you so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can hardly wait to see you! I looks like life is treating you very well. Love Grandma and Grandpa D

    ReplyDelete