Saturday, January 28, 2012

Nate Writes About Cute Baby Animals

One of my favorite parts of our trip to Costa Rica was visiting the Jaguar Rescue Center, where Kia volunteered for a while. Nate interviewed the owners and wrote a great article about the Center in the Costa Rican English language newspaper the Tico Times. Here is a link to his article: http://www.ticotimes.net/Weekend/Travel/Wildlife-rescue-center-welcomes-human-visitors-_Friday-January-20-2012. The end of the article has a link to the Center's website, where you can read about the history and mission of the center, as well as look at pictures of the adorable baby animals. You can see pictures of all the animals under the "Our Animal Guests" tab, and you can read descriptions about some of the animals under the "Adoption" tab.  

Which is your favorite animal guest at the Jaguar Rescue Center? Tell us in the comments!

Maybe if we're lucky Mom (Doni) will post pictures and videos of us holding baby monkeys from her phone. Mom?

Love to all the cute baby Davis animals,

Caitlin



Photo from Jaguar Rescue Center website.

6 comments:

  1. I have been obsessed with baby sloths lately, so I'm going to have to say that those baby sloths are my favorite. Of course, being such a cat lover, I also like the little Margay. And Xai, the baby white-tailed deer has such a sweet face! Here is an adorable video of some baby sloths getting a bath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1mAGQAw3Oc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Those baby sloths are so cute! But I wonder about those baths, because the sloths need all that moss and stuff that grows is their fur. That little margay is so adorable I can hardly take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the animals are sooo cute. I like Chepe the monkey, though. The idea of a sleepy monkey is so adorable, I just want to cuddle up in a little ball in the jungle and squeal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! That is great, Gwen. Sleepy little montey. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diabolino, the baby margay, looking at a tiny white mouse? Oh my! Cute overload.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute overload indeed! I watched the baby sloth bath video, then went on a baby sloth video watching rampage. I can hardly handle it.

    ReplyDelete