Wednesday, February 22, 2012



Grandpa has reserved two sites (# 8 and #9)at Christmas Meadows for five days: August 13th through 18th. Any or all of you are invited to join us. We hope these dates coincide with your busy schedules at least for a day or two.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Camping is a long-time tradition in the Davis family. I guess you can say it started with the pioneers trekking across the plains to Salt Lake. At the left is a photo of a camping trip taken by the family when they lived in Soda Springs, Idaho in 1912 (coincidentally 100 years ago).This is the camping trailer that Grandpa's grandfather (William Morris Davis) used to take out to stay in for TWO WEEKS! Compare that to the accomodations we offer you in August.
We would love to have you there and hope giving you advanced notice will make it possible. But understand if it just doesn't fit with your calendars.

11 comments:

  1. I hereby commit that Lorelei, Fiona, and Nora will be present! Nora's school doesn't start until Aug 22, so I'm committing on her behalf. I also hereby challenge Bill to make a decision before June 1. Everyone should make sure they buy me an expensive present for the birthday picnic in Grandma's backyard when we get back from camping on the 19th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am so there! Except it will probably be the week before my comprehensive graduate exam where all the professors gang up and can test us on any work of art from all of history and we have to know everything about it. But you can all quiz me. Also, can my birthday be included in the birthday picnic? It's just 11 days later and I'd love to have all my family at my birthday party! And I'd also love expensive presents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason's being the tiniest bit flaky about this. We will be in Oregon the week or so before this, and then he'll have to get back to work. But he said he could come for at least a few days. I'll have to do lots of travel studying.

      Delete
  3. A resounding "YES!!!" has been heard throughout the land of 1769 Pine. Henry will be back from the 'Schland and everyone is very excited. And this time I'll try to have fun and not be such a pill as in years past(reference to my classic "I'm not having any fun!" line). Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill has to make a decision by June 1?! I think requiring a decision anytime before the day of is more reasonable, but still not likely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have confidence that he can do it. MOSTLY, I just want to make sure y'all are there, so I'm putting the pressure on right from the start. Now the question is, what can we do to get the Alaska/California family to Utah? We want fireside tales of the Jr Iditarod!!

      Delete
    2. To help out with the California/Alaska (and possibly Ohio)groups we have a special "travel assistance fund" for those coming from far away and for those who are otherwise destitute. Applications accepted anytime. Grandpa Garold

      Delete
  5. This is great! When we asked Henry if there was any kind of special family trip we should take this last summer before his mission the first thing he said was "Christmas Meadows."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll plan on being there. Mom, can you identify the people in the picture of the Bannock Chief? Do you have a picture of grandpa's green camping trailer?

    ReplyDelete