Saturday, February 25, 2012

Update on Mia!

Hey everyone! I just thought I'd do a little update on what's been going on in my life lately.
School has been going well! I'm taking an honors Anatomy/Physiology class right now that's full of juniors and seniors, which is a little bit intimidating, but I'm really enjoying it. I've always been interested in the medical field, but I think that it's now something I'd really enjoy going into. I've started volunteering at the hospital. It's very interesting to be in the environment, but it can get a little boring sometimes (it's not quite like it is in the TV shows like, Scrubs or Grey's Anatomy).
I'm not quite sure what I want to do specifically but, because of my history with epilepsy, neurology has become one of my top interests.
I'm still a member of Student Council and plan on running again next year, and maybe even running for student body president my senior year.
I've also started driving recently! It's definitely easier to drive myself around than to ask my mom to make time to drive me around. I'm babysitting pretty regularly now too, so it's nice to be able to drive myself to and from where I'm sitting.
Oh! I almost forgot, I got my wisdom teeth removed about a month ago. It wasn't a fun experience but there weren't any complications. Plus, there is a funny video of me waking up from the surgery on YouTube. Here's the link to that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhO3JGQc6qw&feature=channel_video_title
I guess that's about it! I'm not mushing in the Jr. Iditarod or anything, but I thought I'd let you all know about the little things going on with me. 
I hope all is well!


-Mia


P.S. Here's a picture of my lab partner and me disecting a sheep brain in my Anatomy class:


And here's a picture of me after my Wisdom teeth surgery:

3 comments:

  1. Well, when I had my wisdom teeth taken out, no one came with me, not even my Mom. And no one took movies of me. Of course, there wasn't any internet way back then, so I didn't get international coverage. Anyway, I know how it feels to go through that.
    More fantastic than than wisdom teeth extraction is your interest in medicine and pictures of you in class. Thanks so much for the update.

    GO MIA! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you are thinking about/planning on being a doctor. You would be great! When I have my wisdom teeth out in the next year maybe I will film myself. I have actually thought up some exciting plans for the anesthetic-induced stupor that follows (Revolution 9 and Pink Floyd are on the bill). We'll see.

    ReplyDelete